As of October 11, 2020, the total number of confirmed positive Coronavirus cases in Cornwall is 1,654. As the numbers of positive COVID-19 cases are increasing, the Government’s continued guidelines are continually changing on lockdown and restrictions on our daily lives.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson introduced the new guidelines concerning regulations with the main goal of stopping the transmission of the virus.
Last October 11, Sunday, in the Isles of Scilly and Cornwall, twenty new cases were currently reported. There were also newly reported cases of current schools and colleges that have revealed positive cases of the virus.
The three main government’s latest guidelines are the following: Regular hand washing, always wear a face mask or covering in confined places, and social distancing – stay at least 2 meters apart from each other or at least a meter when wearing a face mask and other precautionary measures.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson declared that the government’s restriction guidance will remain to be implemented for the succeeding six months. Here is an updated list of the newly updated guidelines:
- Persons with underlying medical health conditions will continue to be exempted from the new regulations.
- When you meet other individuals in the streets, workplace (with whom you do not live in the same household), you are allowed to socialize in groups of only six persons which is the latest lawful limit.
- The legal limit of 6 persons only is both applicable outdoors and indoors including indoor sports. Sports events are postponed.
- Maintain strict social distancing with any person whom you do not live with.
- The government does not allow the sharing of a vehicle with those persons living outside your social bubble or household, however, there are the latest restrictions in traveling a long distance.
- Persons who defy self-isolation orders can be fined will be penalized up to 10,000 pounds fines. The new legal obligation if one is tested and confirmed positive for the virus, they are immediately directed to isolate by the trace and test teams due to being exposed to an infected person. The holidaymakers who disregard the mandatory quarantine of 14-days will also be penalized with 10,000 pounds fines.
One can search the stricter government protocol and guidelines available online which was updated by British Prime Minister Johnson.