Three beach lodges of Bournemouth’s famous Boscombe Beach are now equipped with the ultimate super-smart home assistant – Alexa, Amazon’s voice assistant.
This is the counterpart of Apple’s Siri and Google’s Google Voice Assistant.
This Smart Home by the Sea experience was made possible with the partnership of Amazon and the Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole (BCP) Council.
Bournemouth can now take pride in its three smart homes by the sea that will cost no more than usual. The trial period will last until summer this year. This voice command experience includes the following:
- Echo Show 5 – using your voice, you can control smart home products. It also enables you to watch videos from WikiHow, listen to radio stations/podcasts, and know weather predictions during your stay. It can help you connect with friends or family via video calls and instant messages.
- Smarter iKettle – using only voice command, guests can turn on the kettle from their bed with the help of the Smarter application.
- Alexa Smart Plug – it works well with Alexa in incorporating voice control to any electrical socket. You can schedule electrical appliances to automatically turn on and off.
- Fire TV Stick 4K – guests can utilize the Alexa Voice Remote to use voice commands to find and control content (movies and TV shows). It also has a new WiFi antenna design for an amazing 4K Ultra HD streaming experience.
- Neato Robotics D450 Exclusive Pet Edition – this eradicates dust and allergens more efficiently. This offers an even more thorough cleaning than any other automatic vacuum cleaners.
This smart tech staycation is the first upgrade to the properties since they were installed in 2017.
Prices are estimated to range from £275 for a four-night, mid-week stay in March then around £2,025 for a 10-night stay in August.
“We are looking forward to a number of the Bournemouth Beach Lodges being converted into smart spaces. We hope that residents involved in the trial will be even more inspired to explore and experience Bournemouth – from our beautiful beaches to world-famous delicacies!” – Chris Saunders, Head of Operations at BCP Council