The cycling safety event that offers cyclists tips for maintaining safety on the roads is scheduled in Bridgwater this week. The Bridgwater Area Cycling Campaign will hold the event on the 11th of December. The event will take place at the Bridgwater Market from 9 AM to 3 PM.
The Bridgwater Area Cycling Campaign’s chairman, Gary Peter, said that the event will create awareness and educate the public on safe cycling practices. Among the many aspects that will be taught, the event will highlight issues of cycle accidents, secure cycle parking, safe routes, new routes, bike maintenance, and general safety awareness on the roads.
Many people are expected to attend the event and benefit from the education of safety cycle practices. Some of the organisations that will participate in the event include:
- Somerset Road Safety Team which will demonstrate a safety team trailer and a cycle involved in an accident.
- Dr. Bike – the organisation will be represented by Brian and Lucy Workman who will showcase bike maintenance and safety sessions.
- The BACC members & gazebo – they will educate the visitors on Bridgewater routes, maps, and any other necessary safety information.
- Avon and Somerset Police – they will inform the visitors on school compliance and safety practices plus general bike security.
- The Bridgwater Way team – they will notify the public of the next Bridgwater Cycling Campaign which will be held next year.
This event comes after the Bicycle Workshop at 36 in Bridgwater received funding from Cycling UK in November. The funding has enabled Dr. Bike to extend repair services to bike owners in the region. The project aims at repairing bikes by offering bike checks to achieve safety on the roads.
The Dr. Bike sessions have been scheduled to operate on specific Fridays from 11 AM to 3 PM, starting on 4 December. Therefore, the safety event will be a great combination to support the Bicycle Workshop.