A good home improvement is what differentiates a house from a home. It can make all the difference. It is easy to get so excited or eager during home improvements that you lose track of how much you spend. According to some real estate analysts, some homeowners spend close to £10,000 to improve their home.
Fortunately, there are affordable and expensive ways to improve your property today, whether you are looking at outdoor garden decking or interior decoration. These home improvement ideas are easy to implement and are cost-effective. They can better your home aesthetics, from upgrading your property’s entryway and door to improving your kitchen and bathroom appearance.
Let’s look at some of the cheapest home improvements ideas that can positively impact your home:
Freshen up your bathroom
Upgrading your bathroom is one of the most effective ways of enhancing your home’s value. A bathroom upgrade doesn’t entail knocking down walls and spending thousands of pounds in remodelling your bathroom — simply repainting your bathroom walls can transform the bathroom’s appearance and atmosphere.
Here are some budget-friendly tips that can help you freshen up your bathroom:
- Repainting your bathroom wall can freshen up a worn-out bathroom. We advise you to paint your walls in new colours. The best paint colours for bathrooms are sky blue, greige, white, light green or soft grey. Ensure you use mould-resistant paint because your bathroom is frequently exposed to humid and wet conditions.
- Another way to improve your bathroom appearance is by updating the lighting. It is the key to creating a relaxing ambience for your bathroom. You can pick from any bathroom lighting types like recessed, flush-mount, sconce, chandelier or pendant bulbs.
- We recommend you install a backsplash for your bathroom. Backsplashes are available in varieties of shape, texture and colours. Apart from the fact that they can serve as bathroom decor, they can protect your bathroom wall from moisture, heat, stains. The use of backsplash can positively impact the durability of bathroom space.
- A great way to modernise your bathroom is by changing the bathroom fixtures when outmoded or overused. These fixtures include showerheads, soap dispensers and faucets. Also, clean up or replace (at most) sinks, showers, tubs and toilet seats. This is because grime, rust and dirt buildup can cause your bathroom to lose its beauty.
Declutter your home
A clean home has a magnetic appeal that homebuyers can’t resist. There is no limit to what you can do to make your house clean. Before you begin improving your home areas, ensure you declutter the place and keep it free from dirt and debris.
As time progresses, the grime and dirt in your home increases. This causes clutter and messiness. Decluttering is the best way to improve your home’s cleanliness and create an illusion of wider space in areas of your home.
Decluttering your home has psychological benefits. It also enables homebuyers to explore the wider space of your home during inspections. This increases the chances of selling your home at a better price.
Here are some ways of decluttering your home:
- One way of decluttering your home is eliminating duplicates. An example is having three different corkscrews or carrot peelers. You can sell or donate them.
- Be mindful of flat surfaces such as countertops, kitchen cabinet tops, tables, bedside table etc. These surfaces can easily be converted to storage spaces for junk to clutter at. It is not strange to see an untidy mess around those open surfaces. Get a box to gather those collections of items.
- Turn decluttering into a habit. Ensure you do a mini decluttering session or clean up monthly.
Improve your front door and entryway
Your front door and entryway can create an indelible impression of your property. It is the first area of your home that your family, guests and visitors encounter before stepping into your home. Improving your front door and entryway is the best way to enhance your home’s curb appeal.
You must know that your home exterior is essential to whether your home will sell or not. Sometimes, homebuyers only have to look at the property’s exterior to decide whether they will purchase your home.
Creating a beautiful front entry is the best way to impress your neighbours, visitors and homebuyers. It could make a big difference in your home’s value.
Here are some inexpensive ways of improving your front door and entryway:
- An excellent way to improve your property’s curb appeal and enhance your home’s resale value is by getting a composite deck for your front yard. It can transform your property’s appeal and make your home entry more enticing.
- If your decking area is spacious enough for you to install a seating area, then you can improve the functionality of your home’s exterior and transform into an outdoor living area.
- Another way of enhancing your home’s exterior is by painting your front door. Ensure the colour complements the rest of your property’s architecture. If your door handle is looking worn out, consider replacing it to further ‘better’ your door’s look.